top of page

News & Publications


Where's My Refund? Use the links below to track your refund.
Since they only update once a day, the IRS has asked us to recommend that you do not make more than one attempt per day.
Internal Revenue Service Website


Indiana Department of Revenue


Michigan Department of Revenue





FAFSA crunch?  Slooww down, there is no need to rush your tax return!


Yes there are deadlines, but most people think that means your tax return has to be done.  Not so, the March deadline for Indiana students simply means you must have FILED a FAFSA application.  Corrections and edits can be submitted until May.  So simply file your FAFSA with your best estimates and then use the IRS data link later to update the FAFSA application with your actual tax return numbers.  AND remember the May Deadline for Indiana.

Refund Processing Times


Refunds are processed on a cycle.  If you taxes are e-filed before Friday, then you will likely receive your direct deposit two (2) Fridays later, or 14 days.  So that is why we give you an estimate of 2-3 weeks for Direct Deposits.  Paper checks are suppose to be mailed within about 1 week later.

It's probably not the IRS calling


We get a lot of calls on this.  Generally, the IRS communicates through the mail with notices, it's unusual for them to call.  When they do call, they will have mailed you a notice first, giving you the right to respond or challenge the notice.  They will not threaten you with police action or require a certain payment method.  If you are not sure, ask for their number so that you can call them back at a more convenient time

Free Credit Freeze

Here's a link to the three credit agencies if you need to freeze your credit profiles:



Records Retention​


Period of Limitations that apply to income tax returns:

  • Keep records for 3 years if situations (4), (5), and (6) below do not apply to you.

  • Keep records for 3 years from the date you filed your original return or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later, if you file a claim for credit or refund after you file your return.

  • Keep records for 7 years if you file a claim for a loss from worthless securities or bad debt deduction.

  • Keep records for 6 years if you do not report income that you should report, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on your return.

  • Keep records indefinitely if you do not file a return.

  • Keep records indefinitely if you file a fraudulent return.

  • Keep employment tax records for at least 4 years after the date that the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later.

bottom of page